International Women's Day is a celebration that’s very near and dear to our hearts. We’re all about celebrating the incredible women that have helped to shape the world that we live in. We have put together a list of Gel Nail Polish colours and gel manicure ideas that are sure to leave you feeling ready to conquer anything that comes your way!
Kicking off our International Women's Day gel manicure recommendations, we have this scorching flame-inspired set. This mani uses a range of bold Gel Nail Polish colours, capturing the fire and passion of powerful women. A quote we adore by Michelle. K states “some women are lost in the fire, some women are built from it.” We couldn’t agree with this quote more and these flaming hot nails are sure to remind you keep on persevering!
How can you recreate this nail art design?
To recreate this flaming hot design, watch our YouTube here, or read the instructions below.
Nail Art Brushes used: Short Striping Brush.
- Complete your nail prep.
- Apply a thin coat of Base Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply 1-2 thin coats of Pink Builder Gel & cap the free edge. Cure each coat under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Remove the sticky inhibition layer to make applying your nail art easier by wiping your nails with a Lint Free Wipe moistened with Nail Polish Remover.
- Using Lady in Red & your Short Striping Brush, paint an irregular ‘U’ shape, thickening it into a point at the base.
- Using Tropical Punch & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Lady in Red.
- Extend one curve right & on curve left, then fill in the space in between.
- Using Colonel Mustard & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Tropical Punch.
- Using Chin Up Buttercup & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Colonel Mustard.
- Blend each colour further where needed, creating a smooth ombré blend. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Using Heart of the Ocean & your clean Short Striping Brush, lightly outline the flame. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 10 seconds.
- Apply a thin coat of Top Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply Cuticle Oil around your nails & rub into your skin to nourish & moisturise.
It’s pretty common at some point or another for a woman to be called an attention seeker, so instead of feeling ashamed or trying to shy away from that, why not embrace it! We love the bold and beautiful hot pink shimmer, Attention Seeker Gel Nail Polish colour. It's a shade that is sure to turn heads and give a huge middle finger to the ones who told you not to stand out. Celebrate your bubbly, adventurous, sexy, and fun side and don’t be afraid to be authentically yourself when wearing this colour! That’s what it’s here for.
With it's soft pink and subtle shifting shimmers, Galaxy Fairy Floss shade makes us think of divine feminine. It's a Gel Nail Polish colour that looks like a candy floss sunset in the sky - think "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande vibes. This colour really speaks to our feminine side, and has us feeling flirtatious and powerful all at the same time. What could be better for International Women's Day?
Lady in Red is a sexy and borderline fluorescent red colour that is truly a powerful Gel Nail Polish colour. What could be more glamorous and better celebrate strong female energy than a fabulous red? It's a shade worn throughout history by some of the worlds most iconic and powerful women, such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frida Kahlo, and many more. We think a red colour is a necessity for any woman to show off their dynamic and sultry side in a bold and exciting way.
Bewitched is a sultry deep shimmery red Gel Nail Polish colour for our mysterious Queens. This colour has a mesmerising quality, reminding us of a hypnotising eyes and a sassy personality to match. We can’t help but think Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Charmed, Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries, and Samantha Stephens would love this Gel Polish! Who doesn’t want to be the most enchanting and spellbinding version of themselves? Embrace your inner enchantress with this gorgeous colour - we think it’s pretty magical.
Last but certainly not least are our floral Nail Art Stickers and Nail Art Transfers. Flowers are symbolic transformation, beauty, diversity, fertility, and so much more. All of these things are part of being female too and have a huge bearing on how we live our lives, so why not take your International Women’s Day gel manicure up a notch with some easy-to-use nail art? There are so many to choose from on our website you’re sure to find some that will be just right for you!